It’s the most wonderful time of the year; unfortunately, it can also be the most stressful time. There’s family coming to town, parties to be hosted, and secret Santa gifts to be purchased. Now the holiday time you once enjoyed has become more of a chore than a joyous time. Don’t let the stress of the holiday season stop you from enjoying your favorite time of year. Here are five tips to help get you through the holiday season stress-free!!
- Don’t expect perfection. The bulk of your stress can be eliminated if you understand that the unexpected will happen. I get it, you were hoping to send out a beautiful family Christmas card to everyone, but your child won’t stop making silly faces. It’s okay; it gives your family card character.
- Remember to take a break. Your calendar may feel up fast with all things holiday, but don’t forget to schedule some time out for yourself to rest. Doing so will allow you to be more relaxed and in better spirits.
- Keep your daily routine. If you usually take time in the mornings for a workout, stick with it. Don’t skip it just because you may have guests in town. This will also make up for that extra piece of pie at dinner.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for help. Instead of trying to do everything all by yourself, ask for help! Your guests will be happy too, and it helps them feel included.
- It’s okay to say “no.” Don’t feel obligated to say yes to everything and everybody. While you want to spend time with everyone, it’s unrealistic to think you can do it all. Be selective with your time and say no when you can’t attend.
The holidays should be joyous and festive. Not stressed. So remember to take time out to have fun and enjoy your loved ones! Everything else doesn’t matter.