It’s the holidays! I love the holidays because it gives me a chance to cook and prepare some of my favorite recipes. One thing I love at Christmas is EGGNOG!! The only problem is I can never finish the whole carton. So last year I took my favorite seasonal drink and combined it with one of my favorite desserts and got the most delicious, creamy cheesecake! It was a hit a our family Christmas dinner.
I know there are tons of other eggnog cheesecake recipes out there, but this one really takes the cake(pun intended)! I used Biscotti cookies for the crust and some good, golden rum. But it you’re not a fan of real rum, you can easily sub it out for rum extract.
Delicious and creamy cheesecake using everyone's favorite seasonal drink! A perfect combination of delicious cheesecake with a little bit of eggnog.
- 12 oz Biscotti Cookies crushed finely
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 6 tsp salted butter softened
- 4 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp golden rum *rum extract can be substituted
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon to taste
- whipped cream
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees f.
- For the crust, use a food processor to finely crush your cookies. Next add them to a bowl and combine the melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well, until the butter is soaked up.
- Pour the cookie crumb mixture into a 10" spring form pan and press up the sides at least an inch. *a small shot glass works perfect for getting the crust up the sides and evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese blocks until light and fluffy. Add the eggs on at a time mixing after each. Be sure and scrape the bowl to ensure they are well combined.
- Add in the eggnog and mix until smooth. Follow with the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and crack the oven door, leaving the cheesecake in the oven for at least another hour. Once done remove from the oven cover and put it in the refrigerator.
- After the cheesecake has cooled for a few hours, remove and top with your favorite whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!